Use of Facilities
The Viola Sportsman's Club grounds are open to all members in good standing nearly every day of the year except during winter months after large snows due to not being plowed. Members abide by an honor system that includes treating the property and other club members with respect by practicing safe procedures.
VSC RIFLE RANGE RULES
Range Safety is our first and foremost responsibility. Range Rules must be followed for the safety of ourselves, other club members, and our neighbors.
Shoot Smart – Shoot Safe
1. SAFETY FIRST!! MAKE SURE TARGET AREA IS CLEAR BEFORE SHOOTING
2. NO UNSUPERVISED SHOOTERS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
3. DO NOT SHOOT AT OR PLACE TARGETS IN FRONT OF BACKSTOP SUPPORT POSTS
4. NO GUNS OR SHOOTING ALLOWED DOWN RANGE OF THE SHOOTING BENCHES WITHOUT RANGE MASTER APPROVAL
5. DON'T LOAD GUNS UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT
6. MAKE SURE YOUR BARREL IS CLEAR BEFORE LOADING
7. UNLOAD GUNS COMPLETELY BEFORE CHECKING TARGETS
8. REMOVE YOUR TARGETS WHEN YOU ARE DONE SHOOTING
9. PICK-UP ALL SPENT SHELL CASINGS
10. BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS WAITING TO SHOOT
11. ONLY PAPER OR CLUB APPROVED TARGETS ARE ALLOWED
12. OBEY ANY AND ALL POSTED OR OTHER CLUB RULES
13. RANGE MASTER HAS ULTIMATE AUTHORITY IN ALL MATTERS
14. ANY VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND MAY LOSE CLUB PRIVILEGES
As good safety practice, eye and ear protection is recommended. All range users should be familiar with general firearms safety. USE COMMON SENSE!
Good sportsmanship is the underlying foundation of this club. It is your DUTY to respect the privilege of using this facility. The Club’s money and the labor of members keep this range functional. Any person(s) found not obeying the range rules, vandalizing club property, or displaying obnoxious or dangerous behavior may result in losing your membership privileges.